Saturday, December 5, 2009

Put on your safety belt and trigger the ignition

Ah yes.. after several days in house arrest due to a nasty flu (swine? avian? who cares? I survived) I am back on the road (rage) again.

Now contrary to what many of my friends may tell you, I rarely act on on my disappointment with crappy drivers, indifferent pedestrians, sloppy construction workers, inefficient movers and well, anything and everyone on the road who decides to use less than their allotted brain functionality.

Yes, I use the klaxon fairly often and flip the bird, and roll down the window and tell people that they are idiots and a list to prove it. But this is nothing compared to the throwing of milk gallons, the shooting of bullets, and the never-safe cutting off car maneuvers that road-ragers all over the planet commit.

So although I'm not the picture of driving sanctity I do believe myself to be the safest driver I know and will debate any challenge to that. Of course, if you come to me and prove it, then I will concede, but we must have drinks first for me to get to know you and make it official.

Now the reason I've decided to write this blog is because I currently don't have time to sit down and write a book, although this may end up being just that, and would love to share some of my acquired wisdom, techniques, and observations of the world on the road. My hope is that you, the reader, will take away something useful to use not only as a driver, but also as a pedestrian, a traffic cop, a runaway kickball, or an ambitious bug caught in the jet-stream of a highway.

Maybe you'll agree. Maybe you'll disagree. The thing that we can be sure of is that either you or I will learn something new. This is also a good way for me to vent some of that rage, so I don't end up killing you as you decide getting off the highway at the very last moment IS worth your life. (Some would much rather die at the right off-ramp than continue to live but be 1/4 of a mile too far from their destination and 2 minutes late to an appointment.)

If you're one of those people that does not drive or has no idea what a car looks like, this blog should serve as a clear window into urban transportation woes in which urbanites submit themselves to the most dangerous of situations all for the convenience of modern living.

No comments:

Post a Comment